Several overlapping activities have filled my sojourn into semi-retirement.
Freelance Writer (May 2011 - present)
Census Taker: U.S. Census Bureau (Jun 2010 - Aug 2010)
- Joined 20,000 professional writers contributing to the 13-year-old Suite101 web site.
Became a Cancer Survivor (Jul 2010 - Aug 2010)
- My golden retriever got me the job.
Web Development / SEO (Sep 2010 - present)
- Received radiation for head and neck cancer. Currently, I am cancer free.
- Helped Create a Blood Pressure Monitor, which has remained on the market for over 20 years.
- Helped to Significantly Reduce the Cost of the Company's Patient Monitors.
- Helped Ensure Regulatory Compliance and Patient Safety.
- Was an Alternate Delegate to the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation.
- Was the Inventor of Several Patents Dealing with the Blood Pressure Algorithm
- Was Primary Investigator for a Observational Clinical Study in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Contributed Data that Modified the Procedure for Administering Antibiotics to Premature Babies.
- Was First to Obtain an "Audiogram" From a Guinea Pig (the four-legged mammal).
- Published in the Laryngoscope and Other Academic Journals.
PhD Behavioral Neuroscience|
Oregon Health and Sciences University